Z-Wave is a special technology that you will find in various home automation products. This technology is wireless, user friendly, economical, trustworthy, secured and reliable in various ways. The design, functionality and working mechanisms of such products contribute to them being termed as Smart products.
This technology does not interfere or use the WI-Fi signals of the house; in fact, they are user friendly and energy efficient and can easily communicate with each other even if you are not at home. One of the best features of Z-Wave technology products is that even if there is a low power or a power cut, they are still functional in their own ways.
So what makes Z-Wave different from the other platforms for Smart Home Products?
Z-Wave is a user-friendly technology. Both technical and non-technical people can use these products without any problem. This is the main reason why a person can think about opting for Z-Wave enabled products. Apart from that, some other reasons that makes this technology worth investing are:
- The Z-Wave technology does not require a person to do the rewiring of the house, the products, which have this particular technology, are easily installable.
- You can stick to your budget since these products are pocket friendly. The flexibility of such products allows you to add more whenever you need.
- Security is one of the best aspects of this technology. The reason behind this is that the security features and encryptions used by Z-Wave are strong. It is also a very safe choice for those who are not that experienced with technology.
- The best names in the home automation and home healthcare industries use this technology because of the trust factor.
- Ever since the inception of this technology, it has been used in more than 50 million home automation and home healthcare products. Due to this, people consider the Z-Technology as trusted technology.
- This technology ranks No1 since most of the home automation and home healthcare companies across the world use it. This makes Z-Wave the leader in the technologies used for Smart products and various home automation products.
- The versatility of products in the market makes is another reason why many companies prefer to use the Z-Wave in comparison to any other available technologies. It has the flexibility of offering various products, which are easy to use, and gives you the true value for your money.
Working ways of Z-Wave technology
This is wireless technology that works on radio frequency. It allows communication and connectivity between two smart home products or a product and the relevant app. With this technology, you can easily control your smart home products like the thermostat, door lock and even the lights. Just in case you forget to lock your main door, the app will let you go ahead and do that even if you are not at home. This is because the programming and design of the technology obeys the relevant commands. The information is sent to the main system or hub. From there it is further passed on to the device.
The basis of the Z-Wave is the mesh network topology, which means that any installed device need not have a battery known as a signal repeater. The strength of the network has enhanced with the introduction of new products. The signals of the Z-Wave can easily pass through the entire house and can also avoid any kind of technology or object that blocks the signal. This ensures that the entire home system is working properly.
The point-to-point communication between two devices of the Z-Wave technology can be around 120 feet. It also has the ability to communicate effectively with other devices that are within the range of 600 feet. If you are looking at a bigger deployment, then you can link various devices to each other easily and make a small network of your own at home. The maximum number of devices that are supported easily in the Z-Wave network is close to 232. This is also another reason why, this becomes a good option if you plan to convert your entire home into a smart home.